From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1112.
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1080s 1090s 1100s – 1110s – 1120s 1130s 1140s|
|Years:||1109 1110 1111 – 1112 – 1113 1114 1115|
|1112 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1112 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||1865|
|English Regnal year||12 Hen. 1 – 13 Hen. 1|
|Chinese calendar||辛卯年 (Metal Rabbit)
3808 or 3748
— to —
壬辰年 (Water Dragon)
3809 or 3749
|- Vikram Samvat||1168–1169|
|- Shaka Samvat||1034–1035|
|- Kali Yuga||4213–4214|
|Japanese calendar||Ten'ei 3
|Minguo calendar||800 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1423/1424 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1654–1655|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1112.|
- February 3 – The count of Barcelona, Ramon Berenguer III, obtains the county of Provence due to his marriage with the heiress, Douce.
- Easter – The people of Laon, France, having proclaimed a commune, murder their bishop, Waldric, in his cathedral.
- Salzwedel, Germany is founded.
- The German Margraviate of Baden is founded by Herman II.
- Afonso I becomes Count of Portugal.
- Otto, Count of Ballenstedt is made Duke of Saxony by Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor, but later stripped of the title.
- Gallus Anonymus begins to write Gesta principum Polonorum to Bolesław III Wrymouth.
- October 5 – Sigebert of Gembloux, French chronicler
- Tancred, Prince of Galilee, crusader (b. 1072)
- Giorgi II of Georgia
- Henry, Count of Portugal (b. 1066)
- Bertrand of Toulouse, count of Toulouse, and the first count of Tripoli.
- Ghibbelin of Arles, Archbishop of Arles (b. c. 1045)