From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1115.
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1080s 1090s 1100s – 1110s – 1120s 1130s 1140s|
|Years:||1112 1113 1114 – 1115 – 1116 1117 1118|
|1115 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1115 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||1868|
|Bahá'í calendar||−729 – −728|
|English Regnal year||15 Hen. 1 – 16 Hen. 1|
|Chinese calendar||甲午年 (Wood Horse)
3811 or 3751
— to —
乙未年 (Wood Goat)
3812 or 3752
|- Vikram Samvat||1171–1172|
|- Shaka Samvat||1037–1038|
|- Kali Yuga||4216–4217|
|Japanese calendar||Eikyū 3
|Minguo calendar||797 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1658|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1115.|
- February 11 – Battle of Welfesholz: Lothair of Supplinburg defeats Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor.
- February 13 (traditional date) – Clairvaux Abbey is founded in France by Bernard.
- September 14 – Roger of Salerno's Crusaders rout the Seljuk Turks under Bursuq bin Bursuq at the Battle of Sarmin in Syria.
- Anselm of Laon becomes archdeacon of Laon.
- Peter Abélard becomes canon of Notre Dame de Paris and meets Héloïse d'Argenteuil.
- Stephen of England becomes count of Mortain.
- Arnulf of Chocques is accused of sexual relations with a Muslim woman, and is briefly removed from his position as Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem by the papal legate.
- Jurchen people establish the Jin dynasty of China.
- The Crusader castle of Montreal is built by Baldwin I of Jerusalem in Jordan.
- The Mixtec lord Eight Deer Jaguar Claw is defeated in battle and sacrificed by a coalition of city-states led by his brother-in-law 4 Wind at Tilantongo.
- Earliest likely date – Hugh of Saint Victor joins the Victorines in Paris.
- July 24 – Matilda, Countess of Tuscany (b. 1046)
- November 8 – Godfrey of Amiens, bishop of Amiens and Catholic saint.
- Adela of Flanders, queen of Denmark, regent of Apulia
- Thierry II, Duke of Lorraine
- King Olaf Magnusson of Norway (b. 1099)
- Eight Deer Jaguar Claw, Mixtec ruler