1140s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2009)|
|1130s . 1140s in architecture . 1150s|
- About 1140 – Ceiling of the Royal Chapel, Palermo.
- About 1140 – Great church of Cîteaux Abbey begun.
- About 1140 – Santi Maria e Donato in Murano, Republic of Venice completed.
- About 1140 – SS Mary and David's Church, Kilpeck, England built.
- 1143 – Trani cathedral completed (except the campanile), Kingdom of Sicily.
- 1144: June 11 – Basilica of St Denis near Paris in the Kingdom of France consecrated, the first Gothic church.
- 1145 – Basilique Sainte-Trinité, Cherbourg consecrated.
- 1147 – Basilica di San Frediano, Lucca completed.
- 1147 – Saint Pierre de Montmartre in France consecrated
- 1149 – Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem consecrated.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|