From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1154 BC)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)|
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||13th century BC – 12th century BC – 11th century BC|
|Decades:||1180s BC 1170s BC 1160s BC – 1150s BC – 1140s BC 1130s BC 1120s BC|
|Years:||1159 BC 1158 BC 1157 BC 1156 BC 1155 BC 1154 BC 1153 BC 1152 BC 1151 BC 1150 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 1159 BC—The Hekla 3 eruption triggers an 18-year period of climatic worsening. (estimated date, disputed)
- 1154 BC—Death of King Menelaus of Sparta (estimated date).
- 1154 BC—Suicide of exiled Queen Helen of Sparta at Rhodes. (estimated date).
- The Trojan war takes place at about this time
- 1154 BC—Medinet Habu (temple): records a people called the P-r-s-t (conventionally Peleset) among those who fought with Egypt in Ramesses III's reign.
- Fahlbusch et al., 2005, p. 185.
- Ancient Records of Egypt: The first through the seventeenth dynasties, James Henry Breasted, page 24
- Killebrew 2005, p. 202.