11th Brigade (Japan)
11th Brigade Distinctive Unit Insignia
|Active||11 March 2008 - present|
|Branch||Japan Ground Self-Defense Force|
|Part of||Northern Army|
|Maj. Gen. Akio Yoshida|
The 11th Brigade (第11旅団?) is one of six active brigades of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force. The brigade is subordinated to the Northern Army and is headquartered in Sapporo, Hokkaidō. Its responsibility is the defense of South Western Hokkaidō.
The brigade was formed on 11 March 2008 with units from the disbanded 11th Infantry Division.
- 11th Brigade, in Sapporo
- 11th Brigade HQ, in Sapporo
- 11th Tank Battalion, in Sapporo, with two Squadrons of Type 90 Main Battle Tanks
- 10th Infantry Regiment note 1, in Takikawa, with Type 96 Armored Personnel Carriers
- 18th Infantry Regiment, in Sapporo, with Type 96 Armored Personnel Carriers
- 28th Infantry Regiment, in Hakodate, with Type 96 Armored Personnel Carriers
- 11th Artillery Battalion, in Sapporo, with three batteries of Type 75 155mm Self-propelled howitzers
- 11th Reconnaissance Company, in Sapporo, with Type 87 armored reconnaissance vehicle
- 11th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Company, in Sapporo, with Type 81 and Type 93 Surface-to-air missile systems
- 11th Combat Engineer Company, in Sapporo
- 11th Signal Company, in Sapporo
- 11th Aviation Squadron, in Sapporo, flying UH-1J and OH-6D helicopters
- 11th Logistic Support Battalion, in Sapporo
note 1: Infantry Regiments have only battalion strength.
- Homepage 11th Brigade (Japanese)