From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 12-pounder)
12-pounder gun or 12-pdr, usually denotes a gun which fired a projectile of approximately 12 pounds.
Guns of this type include:
- A cannon sized for a 12 pound ball, see Naval artillery in the Age of Sail
- Canon de 12 de Vallière French cannon of 1732
- Canon lourd de 12 Gribeauval French heavy cannon of the mid-late 18th century
- Canon de 12 Gribeauval French field cannon of the mid-late 18th century
- 12-pounder long gun, the naval muzzle-loader of the Age of Sail
- Canon obusier de 12 French 12 cm field gun of 1853. Known in the US as "12 pounder Napoleon"
- RBL 12 pounder 8 cwt Armstrong field gun of 1859
- one of the Dahlgren guns of the American Civil War
- Ordnance BL 12 pounder 7 cwt Field gun, 1885–1892
- Ordnance QF 12 pounder 8 cwt Naval landing gun, late 19th century & early 20th century
- Ordnance BL 12 pounder 6 cwt Light field gun, 1894–1916
- QF 12 pounder 12 cwt naval gun "Long 12" 1890s - 1940s
- QF 12 pounder 12 cwt AA gun World War I
- QF 12 pounder 18 cwt naval gun 1904 - 1920s
- Erroneously, the QF 3 inch 20 cwt gun
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.