1248 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1248
List of years in Ireland
- King’s Bench in Dublin is instituted (today contained within the Four Courts).
- Coleraine Castle is built.
- Goffraidh is inaugurated as "The O'Donnell", i.e. chief of the O'Donnell clan.
- Carrickfergus Abbey is founded by the Franciscan order.
- Jordan de Exeter, Sheriff of Connacht, deals with rebellion in the Clew Bay area (according to the Annals of Connacht).
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Walter de Burgo buried at Athassel Priory.
- Rory O'Cannon, the last chieftain of the O'Cannon clan is killed.
|This Irish history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|