From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article may contain excessive, poor, or irrelevant examples.|
|Cardinal||one hundred and twenty-seven|
(one hundred and twenty-seventh)
In mathematics 
- As a Mersenne prime, 127 is related to the perfect number 8128. 127 is also an exponent for another Mersenne prime 2127 - 1 (2127 - 1 was discovered by Édouard Lucas in 1876, and held the record for the largest known prime for 75 years - it is still the largest prime ever discovered by hand calculations). Furthermore, 127 is equal to 27 - 1, and because 7 is also a Mersenne prime, this makes 127 a double Mersenne prime.
- 127 is also a cuban prime of the form , . The next prime is 131, with which it comprises a cousin prime. Because the next odd number, 129, is a semiprime, 127 is a Chen prime. 127 is greater than the arithmetic mean of its two neighboring primes, thus it is a strong prime.
- 127 is a centered hexagonal number.
- It is the 7th Motzkin number.
- It is the first nice Friedman number in base 10, since 127 = -1 + 27, as well as binary since 1111111 = (1 + 1)111 - 1 * 1.
In the military 
- USNS Mission San Luis Obispo (T-AO-127) was a Mission Buenaventura Class fleet oilers during World War II
- USS Admiral W. S. Sims (AP-127) was a United States Navy transport ship
- USS Allendale (APA-127) was a United States Navy Haskell-class attack transport ship
- USS Alnitah (AK-127) was a United States Navy Crater-class cargo ship in World War II
- USS Raccoon (IX-127), was a United States Navy Armadillo-class tanker
- USS Tumult (AM-127) was a United States Navy Auk-class minesweeper for removing mines from minefields
In transportation 
- The small Fiat 127 automobile
- London Buses route 127 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London
- 127 is the number of many roads, including U.S. Route 127
- STS-127 was a Space Shuttle Endeavour mission to the International Space Station which launched on June 15, 2009
In other fields 
127 is also:
- 127 Hours is a film released in 2010
- The year AD 127 or 127 BC
- 127 AH is a year in the Islamic calendar that corresponds to 744 – 745 CE
- 127 Johanna, a Main belt asteroid
- 127 film, a film format
- The atomic number of Unbiseptium, an element that has not yet been discovered
- The LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin, a dirigible
- Sonnet 127 by William Shakespeare
- 127th Street Ensemble was a troupe of African-American actors which included Tupac Amaru Shakur
- In IP (Internet Protocol) Version 4, it is the last Class A network and is also the subnet used for loopback functionality in computer networking
- The highest signed 8 bit integer
- The non-printable "Delete" (DEL) control character in the ASCII
See also 
- Wells, D. The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers London: Penguin Group. (1987): 136 - 138