12th Brigade (Japan)
12th Brigade Distinctive Unit Insignia
|Active||13 March 2001 - present|
|Branch||Japan Ground Self-Defense Force|
|Type||Air Assault Infantry|
|Part of||Eastern Army|
|Maj. Gen. Shiozaki Satoshi Mori|
The 12th Brigade (Air Assault) (第12旅団?) is one of six active brigades of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force. The brigade is subordinated to the Eastern Army and is headquartered in Shintō, Gunma. Its responsibility is the defense of Gunma, Nagano, Niigata and Tochigi prefectures.
The brigade was formed on 13 March 2001 with units from the disbanded 12th Infantry Division.
- 12th Brigade, in Shintō
- 12th Brigade HQ, in Shintō
- 2nd Infantry Regiment note 1, in Jōetsu
- 13th Infantry Regiment, in Matsumoto
- 30th Infantry Regiment, in Shibata
- 48th Infantry (Training) Regiment, in Shintō
- 12th Artillery Battalion, in Utsunomiya, with four batteries of FH-70 155mm towed howitzers
- 12th Reconnaissance Company, in Shintō, with Type 87 armored reconnaissance vehicle
- 12th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Company, in Shintō, with Type 81 and Type 93 Surface-to-air missile systems
- 12th Combat Engineer Company, in Takasaki
- 12th Signal Company, in Shintō
- 12th Aviation Squadron, in Shintō, flying UH-1J and OH-6D helicopters
- 12th Logistic Support Battalion, in Takasaki
note 1: Infantry Regiments have only battalion strength.
- Homepage 12th Brigade (Japanese)