From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1290s 1300s 1310s – 1320s – 1330s 1340s 1350s|
|Years:||1317 1318 1319 – 1320 – 1321 1322 1323|
|1320 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1320 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2073|
|Bahá'í calendar||-524 – -523|
|English Regnal year||13 Edw. 2 – 14 Edw. 2|
|Chinese calendar||己未年 (Earth Goat)
4016 or 3956
— to —
庚申年 (Metal Monkey)
4017 or 3957
|- Vikram Samvat||1376–1377|
|- Shaka Samvat||1242–1243|
|- Kali Yuga||4421–4422|
|Japanese calendar||Gen'ō 2
|Minguo calendar||592 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1863|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1320.|
- January 20 – Duke Wladyslaw Lokietek becomes king of Poland.
- April 6 – The Scots reaffirm their independence by signing the Declaration of Arbroath.
- Ghiyas al-Din Tughlaq founds the Tughlaq dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate.
- The Venetian Arsenal is rebuilt as the Arsenal Nuovo.
- The Second Shepherds' Crusade begins.
- Dante's Quaestio de Aqua et Terra is published.
- In England many horses die of a disease called "Ffarsine".
- The Byzantine governor in the Morea, Andronikos Asen, captures the Frankish castles of Akova, Karytaina and St. George, securing control over Arcadia and Cynuria.
- April 8 – King Peter I of Portugal (d. 1367)
- date unknown
- Blanka of Namur, queen consort of Sweden (d. 1363)
- Chen Youliang, founder of the Great Han regime (d. 1363)
- John Hawkwood, English mercenary (d. 1394)
- Iolo Goch, Welsh poet (d. 1398)
- Shams al-Dīn Abū Abd Allāh al-Khalīlī, Arab astronomer (d. 1380)
- Lalleshwari, Hindu poet (d. 1392)
- Louis of Taranto (d. 1362)
- Michael Panaretos, chronicler of Trebizond (d. 1390)
- Nissim of Gerona, talmudist and authority in Jewish law (d. 1380)
- Otto, Duke of Brunswick-Grubenhagen (d. 1398)
- Rudolph, Duke of Lorraine (d. 1346)
- Ukhaantu Khan, Emperor Huizong of Yuan, emperor of the Yuan Dynasty (d. 1370)
- William of Wykeham, Bishop of Winchester (d. 1404)
- Turisanus, Florentine physician
- January 12 – John Dalderby, Bishop of Lincoln
- January 21 – Árni Helgason, Icelandic bishop (b. c. 1260)
- March 1 – Ayurbarwada Buyantu Khan, Emperor Renzong of Yuan (b. 1286)
- May 29 – Pope John VIII of Alexandria, Coptic pope
- July 20 – King Oshin of Armenia (b. 1282)
- October 12 – Michael IX Palaiologos, Byzantine co-emperor (b. 1277)
- October 31 – Ricold of Monte Croce, Italian Dominican missionary (b. 1242)
- date unknown
- probable – Geoffrey of Paris, French chronicler