From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1329.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1290s 1300s 1310s – 1320s – 1330s 1340s 1350s|
|Years:||1326 1327 1328 – 1329 – 1330 1331 1332|
|1329 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1329 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2082|
|Bahá'í calendar||−515 – −514|
|English Regnal year||2 Edw. 3 – 3 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||戊辰年 (Earth Dragon)
4025 or 3965
— to —
己巳年 (Earth Snake)
4026 or 3966
|- Vikram Samvat||1385–1386|
|- Shaka Samvat||1251–1252|
|- Kali Yuga||4430–4431|
|Japanese calendar||Karyaku 4 / Gentoku 1
|Minguo calendar||583 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1872|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1329.|
- February 1 – King John of Bohemia captures Medvėgalis, an important fortress of the pagan Grand Duchy of Lithuania, and baptizes 6,000 of its defenders
- February 18 – Amda Seyon I, Emperor of Ethiopia begins his campaigns in the southern Muslim provinces (possibly in 1332).
- March 27 – Pope John XXII condemns some teachings of Meister Eckhart as heretical.
- April – Antipope Nicholas V is excommunicated by Pope John XXII.
- June 7 – David II becomes King of Scotland.
- June 10 – Braganstown massacre, County Louth, Ireland: over 160 killed.
- June 11 – Ottoman Turks defeat Byzantine Empire in the Battle of Maltepe (Pelekanon)
- Aimone of Savoy becomes Count of Savoy.
- Construction begins on the cathedral of Frombork, Poland.
- Amberg, Germany passes to the Wittelsbach family.
- Michael of Cesena is deposed as General of the Franciscans.
- Stefan Uroš IV Dušan of Serbia defeats the Bosnian ban Stephen II Kotromanić.
- Wiesbaden is granted the right of coinage by Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor.
- Edward III of England pays homage to Philip VI of France for Aquitaine.
- September 26 – Anna of Bavaria, queen consort of Bohemia (d. 1353)
- November 22 – Elisabeth of Meissen, Burgravine of Nuremberg (d. 1375)
- November 29 – John I, Duke of Bavaria (d. 1340)
- date unknown
- January 17 – Saint Roseline, Carthusian nun (b. 1263)
- April 21 – Frederick IV, Duke of Lorraine (b. 1282)
- May 9 – John Drokensford, Bishop of Bath and Wells
- May 31 – Albertino Mussato, Italian statesman and writer (b. 1261)
- June 7 – Robert the Bruce, King of Scotland (b. 1274)
- August 30 –Khutughtu Khan, Emperor Mingzong of Yuan, emperor of the Yuan Dynasty and the Mongol Empire (b. 1300)
- October 27 – Mahaut, Countess of Artois (b. 1268)
- date unknown