From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1335.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1300s 1310s 1320s – 1330s – 1340s 1350s 1360s|
|Years:||1332 1333 1334 – 1335 – 1336 1337 1338|
|1335 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1335 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2088|
|Bahá'í calendar||−509 – −508|
|English Regnal year||8 Edw. 3 – 9 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||甲戌年 (Wood Dog)
4031 or 3971
— to —
乙亥年 (Wood Pig)
4032 or 3972
|- Vikram Samvat||1391–1392|
|- Shaka Samvat||1257–1258|
|- Kali Yuga||4436–4437|
|Japanese calendar||Shōkei 4
|Minguo calendar||577 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1878|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1335.|
- May 2 – Otto the Merry, Duke of Austria, becomes Duke of Carinthia.
- July 30 – Battle of Boroughmuir: Earl of Moray defeats Guy, Count of Namur in Scotland
- November 30 – Battle of Culblean: David Bruce defeats Edward Balliol in Scotland.
- Georgians under king George V (the brilliant) finally defeat Mongolians in decisive battle. After that George V returns Grave of Christ from Muslims.
- Abu Said dies and the Ilkhanate disintegrates.
- Slavery is abolished in Sweden.
- Congress of Visegrád: The monarchs of Bohemia, Hungary, and Poland form an anti-Habsburg alliance.
- Carinthia and Carniola come under Habsburg rule. After the death of Duke Henry, the duchies are bestowed by Louis the Bavarian on the Dukes of Austria. From that time onwards, what is today Slovenia is ruled jointly with Austria until 1918.
- Pope Benedict XII begins to reform the Cistercians.
- The excommunication of Frederick III of Sicily and the interdict placed on Sicily end.
- Construction begins on the papal palace in Avignon.
- Aabenraa is chartered as a city.
- The School of Arts in Zaragoza, Spain is founded (later known as the University of Zaragoza in the 16th Century).
- April 2 – Duke Henry of Carinthia
- date unknown