From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1320s 1330s 1340s – 1350s – 1360s 1370s 1380s|
|Years:||1352 1353 1354 – 1355 – 1356 1357 1358|
|1355 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1355 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2108|
|Bahá'í calendar||−489 – −488|
|English Regnal year||28 Edw. 3 – 29 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||甲午年 (Wood Horse)
4051 or 3991
— to —
乙未年 (Wood Goat)
4052 or 3992
|- Vikram Samvat||1411–1412|
|- Shaka Samvat||1277–1278|
|- Kali Yuga||4456–4457|
|Japanese calendar||Bunna 4
|Minguo calendar||557 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1898|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1355.|
- January 7 – Portuguese king Afonso IV sends three men to kill Ines de Castro, beloved of his son prince Pedro – Pedro revolts and incites a civil war.
- February 10 – The St. Scholastica's Day riot broke out in Oxford, England, leaving 63 scholars and perhaps 30 locals dead in two days.
- April – Philip II of Taranto marries Maria of Calabria, daughter of Charles, Duke of Calabria, and Mary of Valois.
- April 5 – Charles IV is crowned emperor in Rome.
- April 18 – In Venice, the Council of Ten beheads Doge Marin Falier for conspiring to kill them.
- August – Battle of Nesbit Moor: Scottish army decisively defeats the English.
- September 1 – Tvrtko I writes in castro nostro Vizoka vocatum from old town Visoki.
- A small Scottish and French force invades Northumberland, loots the city of Berwick-upon-Tweed and defeats a small English force at the Battle of Nesbit Moor (1355).
- Ottoman Turks defeat Bulgarian Empire in the Battle of Ihtiman.
- January 7 – Thomas of Woodstock, 1st Duke of Gloucester, son of King Edward III of England (d. 1397)
- August 16 – Philippa Plantagenet, Countess of Ulster
- January 7 – Inês de Castro, lover of King Peter I of Portugal (murdered; b. 1325)
- April 18 – Marin Falier, Doge of Venice (executed; b. 1285)
- August 3 – Bartholomew de Burghersh, 1st Baron Burghersh
- October 16 – Louis of Sicily
- December 5 – John III, Duke of Brabant (b. 1300)
- December 20 – Stefan Uroš IV Dušan, Emperor of Serbia