From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1361. For the number, see 1361 (number).
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1330s 1340s 1350s – 1360s – 1370s 1380s 1390s|
|Years:||1358 1359 1360 – 1361 – 1362 1363 1364|
|1361 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1361 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2114|
|Bahá'í calendar||−483 – −482|
|English Regnal year||34 Edw. 3 – 35 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||庚子年 (Metal Rat)
4057 or 3997
— to —
辛丑年 (Metal Ox)
4058 or 3998
|- Vikram Samvat||1417–1418|
|- Shaka Samvat||1283–1284|
|- Kali Yuga||4462–4463|
|Japanese calendar||Enbun 6 / Kōan 1
|Minguo calendar||551 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1904|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1361.|
- April 13 – The University of Pavia is founded in Italy.
- July 27 – Battle of Visby: King Valdemar IV of Denmark defeats a peasant army.
- October 10 – Edward, the Black Prince, marries Joan, the 'Fair Maid of Kent'.
- In the Marinid Empire in present-day Morocco, Abu Salim Ibrahim is overthrown by Abu Umar, who is in turn overthrown by Abu Zayyan.
- The Blue Horde descends into anarchy. Between 1361 and 1378, over 20 khans succeed each other in different parts of the Blue Horde's territory.
- Chinese rebels capture the Goryeo capital.
- February 26 – Wenceslaus, King of the Romans, King of Bohemia (d. 1419)
- date unknown
- January 7 – Gerlach I of Nassau-Wiesbaden
- March 23 – Henry of Grosmont, Duke of Lancaster, English soldier and diplomat
- June 9 – Philippe de Vitry, French composer (b. 1291)
- June 15 – Johannes Tauler, German mystic theologian
- June 17 – Ingeborg of Norway, princess consort and regent of Sweden (b. 1301)
- September 18 – Louis V, Duke of Bavaria (b. 1315)
- October 8 – John Beauchamp, 3rd Baron Beauchamp, Warden of the Cinque Ports
- November 21 – Philip I, Duke of Burgundy (plague) (b. 1346)
- date unknown