From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1363.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1330s 1340s 1350s – 1360s – 1370s 1380s 1390s|
|Years:||1360 1361 1362 – 1363 – 1364 1365 1366|
|1363 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1363 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2116|
|Bahá'í calendar||−481 – −480|
|English Regnal year||36 Edw. 3 – 37 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||壬寅年 (Water Tiger)
4059 or 3999
— to —
癸卯年 (Water Rabbit)
4060 or 4000
|- Vikram Samvat||1419–1420|
|- Shaka Samvat||1285–1286|
|- Kali Yuga||4464–4465|
|Japanese calendar||Jōji 2
|Minguo calendar||549 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1906|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1363.|
- April 9 – Haakon VI of Norway marries Margaret I of Denmark.
- August 30–October 4 – the Battle of Lake Poyang is fought between the Dahan rebel forces of Chen Youliang and the Red Turban Rebel forces of Zhu Yuanzhang on Lake Poyang, during the final decade of Yuan Dynasty control over China. Zhu's naval forces of 200,000 are pitted against Chen's naval forces of 650,000 troops in what is not only the largest naval battle of the medieval age, but also one of the largest naval battles in history.
- Magnus IV, King of Sweden, is deposed by Albert of Mecklenburg.
- Philip the Bold becomes duke of Burgundy.
- The Mosque-Madrassa of Sultan Hassan is completed in Cairo, Egypt.
- Al-Afdal al-Abbas succeeds Al-Mujahid Ali as Rasulid Sultan of Yemen.
- The Byzantine Empire wins a naval battle over the Ottoman Empire near Megara, Greece.
- Bosnian nobles revolt against the occupying Serbs.
- An uprising occurs against the Venetian rulers in Crete.
- Dmitri Donskoi, ruler of Moscow, dethrones Dmitri Konstantinovich as ruler of Vladimir.
- July 2 – Maria of Sicily, Queen of Sicily (d. 1401)
- December 14 – Jean Gerson, chancellor of the University of Paris (d. 1429)
- date unknown
- probable – Zeami Motokiyo, Japanese actor and playwright (d. 1443)
- January 13 – Meinhard III, Count of Tyrol
- March 3 – Simone Boccanegra, first doge of Genoa (approximate date)
- August 23 – Chen Youliang, founder of the Dahan regime (b. 1320)
- October 7 – Eleanor de Bohun, Countess of Ormonde (b. 1304)
- date unknown – Adil-Sultan, khan of the Chagatai Khanate
- date unknown – Blanka of Namur, queen consort of Sweden (b. 1320)
- probable – Ranulf Higdon, English chronicler (b. c. 1299)