From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1350s 1360s 1370s – 1380s – 1390s 1400s 1410s|
|Years:||1382 1383 1384 – 1385 – 1386 1387 1388|
|1385 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1385 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2138|
|Bahá'í calendar||−459 – −458|
|English Regnal year||8 Ric. 2 – 9 Ric. 2|
|Chinese calendar||甲子年 (Wood Rat)
4081 or 4021
— to —
乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
4082 or 4022
|- Vikram Samvat||1441–1442|
|- Shaka Samvat||1307–1308|
|- Kali Yuga||4486–4487|
|Japanese calendar||Shitoku 2
|Minguo calendar||527 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1928|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1385.|
- July 17 – Charles VI of France marries Isabeau of Bavaria. The wedding is celebrated with France's first court ball.
- August 14
- Battle of Aljubarrota: John of Aviz defeats John I of Castile in the decisive battle of the 1383–85 Crisis in Portugal. John of Aviz is crowned King John I of Portugal, ending Queen Beatrice's rule, and Portugal's independence from the Kingdom of Castile is secured.
- The Union of Krewo establishes the Jagiellonian dynasty in Poland and Lithuania through the proposed marriage of Queen regnant Jadwiga of Poland and Grand Duke Jogaila of Lithuania, and sees the acceptance of Roman Catholicism by the Lithuanian elite and an end to the Greater Poland Civil War.
- August 31 – King Richard II of England begins an invasion of Scotland. The English burn Holyrood and Edinburgh, but return home without a decisive battle.
- September 18 – Battle of Savra: Serbian forces under Balša II and Ivaniš Mrnjavčević are defeated by Ottoman commander Hayreddin Pasha near Berat.
- October 15 – The Battle of Valverde is fought between the armies of Portugal and Castile.
- December – A group of Hungarian nobles helps Charles III of Naples to overthrow Queen Mary as ruler of Hungary and Croatia.
- Tokhtamysh of the Golden Horde conquers parts of the Jalayirid Empire in western Persia, causing a rift between himself and Timur of the Timurid Empire, who had also wanted to conquer Persia.
- Olav IV of Norway is elected as titular King of Sweden, in opposition to the unpopular King Albert.
- The Hongwu Emperor of China's Ming Dynasty relents after eighteen tribute missions over the previous eight years and agrees to invest King U of Goryeo.
- Construction of:
- June 5 – Edmund of Langley, 1st Duke of York (d. 1402)
- June 23 – Stefan, Count Palatine of Simmern-Zweibrücken (d. 1459)
- August 1 – John FitzAlan, 13th Earl of Arundel (d. 1421)
- date unknown
- June 28 – Andronikos IV Palaiologos, co-ruler of the Byzantine Empire
- August 7 – Joan of Kent, Dowager Princess of Wales, widow of Edward, the Black Prince (b. 1328)
- September 18 – Balša II, ruler of Zeta
- October 15 – Dionysius I, Metropolitan of Moscow
- December 19 – Bernabò Visconti, Lord of Milan (b. 1319)
- December 28 – Xu Da, Chinese military leader (b. 1332)