13th Legislative District (New Jersey)
New Jersey's 13th Legislative District is one of 40 in the state, covering the Monmouth County municipalities of Aberdeen Township, Atlantic Highlands Borough, Fair Haven Borough, Hazlet Township, Highlands Borough, Holmdel Township, Keansburg Borough, Keyport Borough, Little Silver Borough, Marlboro Township, Middletown Township, Monmouth Beach Borough, Oceanport Borough, Rumson Borough, Sea Bright Borough and Union Beach Borough as of the 2011 apportionment.
As of the 2010 United States Census, the district had a population of 219,626, of whom 168,050 (76.5%) were of voting age. The racial makeup of the district was 183,658 (83.6%) White, 9,440 (4.3%) African American, 326 (0.1%) Native American, 17,201 (7.8%) Asian, 42 (0.0%) Pacific Islander, 4,630 (2.1%) from some other race, and 4,329 (2.0%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 19,205 (8.7%) of the population. The district had 156,310 registered voters as of November 2013, of whom 83,084 (53.2%) were registered as Unaffiliated, 36,468 (23.3%) were registered as Democrats, 36,637 (23.4%) were registered as Republicans and 121 (0.1%) were registered to other parties.
For the 2014-2015 Legislative Session, the district is represented in the State Senate by Joseph M. Kyrillos (R, Middletown Township) and in the General Assembly by Amy Handlin (R, Middletown Township) and Declan O'Scanlon (R, Little Silver).
- Districts by Number, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 29, 2014.
- DP-1: Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 from the 2010 Demographic Profile Data for the General Assembly District 13 (2010), New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed January 29, 2014.
- Statewide Voter Registration Summary, New Jersey Department of State, November 28, 2013. Accessed January 29, 2014.
- Legislative Roster 2014-2015 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 29, 2014.
- District 13 Legislators, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 29, 2014.