1410s in England
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1411 in England)
|1410s in England:|
|1390s | 1400s | 1410s | 1420s | 1430s|
Events from the 1410s in England.
- May - England allies with the Armagnac party in return for help in regaining control of Aquitaine.
- Owain Glyndŵr cuts through the King's men and captures, later ransoming, a leading Welsh supporter of King Henry's, Dafydd Gam, in an ambush in Brecon. However, this is the last time that Owain is seen by his enemies.
- 21 March - Henry V becomes King following the death of his father Henry IV in the "Jerusalem" chamber of Westminster Abbey.
- 9 April - Coronation of King Henry V at Westminster Abbey in a snowstorm.
- December - Body of Richard II of England re-interred at Westminster Abbey as a gesture of reconciliation.
- 5 August - Southampton Plot to depose Henry V in favour of Edmund Mortimer, 5th Earl of March fails and the ringleaders are executed.
- 13 August - Hundred Years' War: Henry V begins an invasion of Normandy.
- 22 September - Hundred Years' War: English capture Harfleur.
- 25 October - Hundred Years' War: Henry V is victorious over the French at the Battle of Agincourt.
- Henry V offers a pardon to the fugitive Welsh rebel leader Owain Glyndŵr, but it is refused.
- Twickenham Monastery founded; the last new English monastery of the Middle Ages.
- 23 July - Hundred Years' War: Henry V leads an army of 12,000 men on a new invasion of Normandy.
- 12 August - Henry V begins writing his official correspondence in English, marking the beginning of its restoration as the official language of Government in England.
- 8 September - Hundred Years' War: English capture Caen.
- December - Lollard leader John Oldcastle captured and executed.
- John Capgrave writes Chronicle, a history of England since the creation.
- 19 January - Hundred Years' War: Rouen falls to the English, who take control of Normandy.
- 30 July - Hundred Years' War: English capture Pontoise.
- 13 October - Richard Whittington is elected Lord Mayor of London for the last time.
- 25 December - Hundred Years' War: Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy, allies with England against France.
- 19 July - Philippa of Lancaster, queen of John I of Portugal (plague) (born 1359)
- 5 August (Southampton Plot ringleaders)
- August or September - Michael de la Pole, 2nd Earl of Suffolk (killed in battle) (born 1367)
- 13 October - Thomas FitzAlan, 12th Earl of Arundel, English military leader (born 1381)
- 25 October (Battle of Agincourt)