From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1380s 1390s 1400s – 1410s – 1420s 1430s 1440s|
|Years:||1411 1412 1413 – 1414 – 1415 1416 1417|
|1414 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1414 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2167|
|English Regnal year||1 Hen. 5 – 2 Hen. 5|
— to —甲午年十一月二十日
|- Vikram Samvat||1470–1471|
|- Shaka Samvat||1336–1337|
|- Kali Yuga||4515–4516|
|- Ǹrí Ìgbò||414–415|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 21
|Juche calendar||N/A (before 1912)|
|Julian calendar||1414 MCDXIV|
|Minguo calendar||498 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1957|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 1414|
- January 7 – Michael Küchmeister von Sternberg becomes the 28th Grand Master of the Teutonic Order.
- August 6 – Joan II succeeds her brother Ladislaus as Queen of Naples.
- November 16 – The Council of Constance begins.
Date unknown 
- The Habsburg Duke Ernest the Iron (1377–1424) is the last duke to be enthroned according to the ancient Karantanian ritual of installing dukes on the Duke's Stone.
- Alien priory cells are suppressed.
- The Tibetan lama Je Tsongkhapa of the Gelug Buddhist sect declined the offer of the Yongle Emperor of China to appear in the capital at Nanjing, although he sent his disciple Chosrje Shākya Yeshes, who was given the title "State Teacher". The later Xuande Emperor granted Yeshes the title of a king upon a return visit to China, only he traveled to the new capital at Beijing.
- Sayyid dynasty starts to rule Delhi.
- May 14 – Francis I, Duke of Brittany (d. 1450)
- July 21 – Pope Sixtus IV (d. 1484)
- August 18 – Jami, Persian poet (d. 1492)
- November 9 – Albert III, Elector of Brandenburg (d. 1486)
- date unknown
- probable – Narsinh Mehta, poet-saint of Gujarat (d. 1481)
- February 19 – Thomas Arundel, Archbishop of Canterbury (b. 1353)
- August 6 – King Ladislaus of Naples (b. 1377)
- September 1 – William de Ros, 7th Baron de Ros, Lord Treasurer of England (b. 1369)
- date unknown
- probable – Zyndram z Maszkowic, Polish 14th and 15th century knight (b. 1355)