From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1423. For the number, see 1423 (number).
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1390s 1400s 1410s – 1420s – 1430s 1440s 1450s|
|Years:||1420 1421 1422 – 1423 – 1424 1425 1426|
|1423 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1423 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2176|
|Bahá'í calendar||−421 – −420|
|English Regnal year||1 Hen. 6 – 2 Hen. 6|
|Chinese calendar||壬寅年 (Water Tiger)
4119 or 4059
— to —
癸卯年 (Water Rabbit)
4120 or 4060
|- Vikram Samvat||1479–1480|
|- Shaka Samvat||1345–1346|
|- Kali Yuga||4524–4525|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 30
|Minguo calendar||489 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1966|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1423.|
- April 27 – Hussite Wars – Battle of Hořice: The Taborites decisively beat the Utraquists.
- May 21/22 – Byzantine–Ottoman Wars – The Ottoman governor of Thessaly, Turakhan Beg, breaks through the Hexamilion wall and ravages the Peloponnese peninsula.
- July 31 – Hundred Years' War – Battle of Cravant: The French army is defeated at Cravant on the banks of the river Yonne near Auxerre by the English and their Burgundian allies.
- August – The Treaty of Sveti Srdj ends the Second Scutari War waged between the Serbian Despotate and the Venetian Republic over Scutari and other former possessions of Zeta captured by the Venetians.
- The three independent boroughs of Pamplona are united into a single town by royal decree after centuries of feuds.
- May 30 – Georg von Peuerbach, German astronomer and mathematician (d. 1461)
- June 2 – Ferdinand I of Naples (d. 1494)
- July 3 – King Louis XI of France (d. 1483)
- August 24 – Thomas Rotherham, English cleric (d. 1500)
- March – Richard Whittington, Lord Mayor of London (b. 1358)
- May 23 – Antipope Benedict XIII (b. 1328)
- October 20 – Henry Bowet, Archbishop of York
- December 15 – Michael Küchmeister von Sternberg, Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights