From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1427. For the number, see 1427 (number).
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1390s 1400s 1410s – 1420s – 1430s 1440s 1450s|
|Years:||1424 1425 1426 – 1427 – 1428 1429 1430|
|1427 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1427 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2180|
|Bahá'í calendar||−417 – −416|
|English Regnal year||5 Hen. 6 – 6 Hen. 6|
|Chinese calendar||丙午年 (Fire Horse)
4123 or 4063
— to —
丁未年 (Fire Goat)
4124 or 4064
|- Vikram Samvat||1483–1484|
|- Shaka Samvat||1349–1350|
|- Kali Yuga||4528–4529|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 34
|Minguo calendar||485 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1970|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1427.|
- August 4 – Hussite Wars – Battle of Tachov: The Hussites decisively beat the crusader armies, ending the Fourth Anti-Hussite Crusade.
- August 17 – The first band of Gypsies visits Paris, according to an account of the citizen of Paris.
- Lincoln College, a constituent college of the University of Oxford, is founded.
- The House of Balsic's rule of Montenegro comes to an end.
- Bhaktapur Royal Palace in Nepal is built by King Yaksa Malla.
- Gabriel V is elected Patriarch of the Coptic Church for the second time.
- Minrekyansa becomes King of Ava (ancient Burma).
- The Conflict of Druimnacour occurs in Sutherland, Scotland.
- The first witch hunts begin, in Switzerland.
- Celestine Order established in France.
- The Celebration of Sant Jordi (Saint George) begins in Catalonia (he will later become its patron saint).
- Bremen is expelled from the Hanseatic League.
- Diogo de Silves, Portuguese navigator, discovers seven islands of the Azores archipelago.
- The Battle of the Echinades, between a Byzantine fleet and the fleet of Carlo I Tocco.
- September 9 – Thomas de Ros, 10th Baron de Ros, English politician (d. 1464)
- October 14 – Alesso Baldovinetti, Italian painter (d. 1499)
- October 26 – Archduke Sigismund of Austria (d. 1496)
- November 29 – Zhengtong Emperor of China (d. 1464)
- November 30 – Casimir IV Jagiellon, King of Poland (d. 1492)
- date unknown – Shen Zhou, Chinese painter (d. 1509)
- April 17 – John IV, Duke of Brabant (b. 1403)
- May 7 – Thomas la Warr, 5th Baron De La Warr, English churchman
- date unknown