1420s in England
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1427 in England)
|1420s in England:|
|1400s | 1410s | 1420s | 1430s | 1440s|
Events from the 1420s in England.
- 21 May - Henry V of England and Charles VI of France sign the Treaty of Troyes, making Henry heir to the French throne.
- 2 June - Henry marries Catherine of Valois, Charles's daughter.
- 17 November - Hundred Years' War: Melun surrenders to the English.
- Henry's flagship, the Grace Dieu, makes her only known service voyage, across the Solent.
- 21 March–2 May - Hundred Years' War: Siege of Meaux: Meaux surrenders to the English.
- 31 August - Henry VI becomes King of England aged nine months, following the death of his father Henry V. His uncle Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester, acts as his regent in England.
- 21 October - Henry VI is proclaimed King of France in Paris following the death of Charles VI under the terms of the Treaty of Troyes. His uncle John of Lancaster, 1st Duke of Bedford, acts as his regent in France.
- 30 October - Charles the dauphin defies the Treaty of Troyes to be declared Charles VII of France in Bourges.
- April - James I of Scotland, having been detained at the English court since 1406, is ransomed and returns to take up his throne.
- 17 August - Hundred Years' War: The English led by the Duke of Bedford defeat the French and Scottish at the Battle of Verneuil.
- 16 October - Duke of Gloucester invades Hainault; Bishop Henry Beaufort takes control of government in England.
- Lincoln College, Oxford, founded.
- 12 February - Hundred Years' War: at the Battle of the Herrings, English forces under Sir John Fastolf defend a supply convoy carrying rations to the army of William de la Pole, 4th Earl of Suffolk at Orléans from attack by the Comte de Clermont and John Stuart.
- 8 May - Hundred Years' War: The French under Joan of Arc lift the Siege of Orléans.
- 11 June–12 June - Hundred Years' War: The French defeat the English at the Battle of Jargeau.
- 15 June - Hundred Years' War: The French defeat the English at the Battle of Meung-sur-Loire.
- 16 June–17 June - Hundred Years' War: The French defeat the English at the Battle of Beaugency.
- 18 June - Hundred Years' War: The French defeat the English at the Battle of Patay.
- 6 November - Coronation of King Henry VI.
- Williams, Hywel (2005). Cassell's Chronology of World History. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. pp. 174–175. ISBN 0-304-35730-8.
- Palmer, Alan; Palmer, Veronica (1992). The Chronology of British History. London: Century Ltd. pp. 119–122. ISBN 0-7126-5616-2.
- "Grace Dieu 1420, Royal Navy". Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- Rance, Adrian (1986). Southampton: an Illustrated History. Horndean: Milestone Publications. ISBN 0-903852-95-0.
- Penguin Pocket On This Day. Penguin Reference Library. 2006. ISBN 0-14-102715-0.