From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1435. For the number, see 1435 (number).
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1400s 1410s 1420s – 1430s – 1440s 1450s 1460s|
|Years:||1432 1433 1434 – 1435 – 1436 1437 1438|
|1435 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1435 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2188|
|Bahá'í calendar||−409 – −408|
|English Regnal year||13 Hen. 6 – 14 Hen. 6|
|Chinese calendar||甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
4131 or 4071
— to —
乙卯年 (Wood Rabbit)
4132 or 4072
|- Vikram Samvat||1491–1492|
|- Shaka Samvat||1357–1358|
|- Kali Yuga||4536–4537|
|Japanese calendar||Eikyō 7
|Minguo calendar||477 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1978|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1435.|
- January 11 – Sweden's first Riksdag of the Estates is summoned under rebel leader Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson, who is elected rikshövitsman (military commander of the realm) in the absence of a king on January 13.
- February 2 – The Kingdom of Naples passes to Aragon under René of Anjou.
- August 5 – Battle of Ponza Alfonso V of Aragon captured at Genuezen
- September 1 – Battle of Pabaiskas ends a civil war between Grand Dukes Švitrigaila and Sigismund Kęstutaitis in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania
- September 21 – The Treaty of Arras between Charles VII of France and Philip III of Burgundy ends the English-Burgundian alliance.
- October 14 – Eric of Pomerania is reinstated as king of Sweden, however only briefly, since he is once again deposed in January the following year.
- Francis of Paola founds the Order of the Minims in Italy.
- China returns to a policy of isolation.
- Gil Eanes and Afonso Gonçalves Baldaia explore the coast of Africa as far as the Angra dos Ruivos.
- January 20 – Ashikaga Yoshimasa, Japanese shogun (d. 1490)
- February 1 – Amadeus IX, Duke of Savoy (d. 1472)
- date unknown
- January 31 – Xuande Emperor of China (b. 1398)
- February 2 – Joan II of Naples, Queen of Naples (b. 1371)
- March 27 – Spytek z Tarnowa i Jarosławia, Polish nobleman
- June 12 – John FitzAlan, 14th Earl of Arundel, English military leader (b. 1408)
- September 9 – Sir Robert Harling, knight under the Duke of Bedford
- September 14 – John of Lancaster, 1st Duke of Bedford, regent of England (b. 1389)
- September 24 – Isabeau of Bavaria, queen of Charles VI of France
- September 27 – Savvatiy, monastery founder
- October 9 – Paweł Włodkowic, Polish scholar (b. 1370)
- October 13 – Hermann II of Celje, Ban of Croatia
- December 30 – Bonne of Berry, Regent of Savoy (b. 1362)