From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1446 BC)
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||16th century BC – 15th century BC – 14th century BC|
|Decades:||1470s BC 1460s BC 1450s BC – 1440s BC – 1430s BC 1420s BC 1410s BC|
|Years:||1449 BC 1448 BC 1447 BC 1446 BC 1445 BC 1444 BC 1443 BC 1442 BC 1441 BC 1440 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
The 1440s BC is a decade which lasted from 1449 BC to 1440 BC.
Events and trends
- 1449 BC: Dumil Korean: 두밀, 27th Tanje of the ancient Korean kingdom of Gojoseon, is succeeded by Haemo Korean: 해모
- 1449 BC: Fíachu Labrainne, Milesians' High King of Ireland, is killed and succeeded by Eochu Mumu
- c. 1448 BC: The Gnbtyw people (Genebtyw or Genebtyu) first appear in Ganibatum during the 32nd year of reign of Thutmose III, the sixth Pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt
- 1446 BC or 1444 BC (25 April): date given in the Hebrew Bible for The Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt
- c. 1440 BC: first recorded urban settlement on or near Mount Yamanlar which controlled the Gulf of İzmir
- 1449 BC: Fíachu Labrainne, High King of Ireland, dies killed by his successor Eochu Mumu
- Kitchen, Kenneth A. (1999). "Ramesses II, Royal Inscriptions". Ramesside Inscriptions, Translated & Annotated Notes and Comments. Volume II. Oxford, England: Blackwell Publishers. pp. 104–105.
- Petrovich, Douglas (18 May 2011). "Amenhotep II and the Historicity of the Exodus Pharaoh". biblearchaeology.org.
|This history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|