The 14th Genie Awards were held on December 12, 1993. In a bid to increase the visibility of the Genie Awards in the francophone market in Quebec, the ceremony was held in Montreal and conducted in French for the first time. Hosted by Marc Labrèche, the ceremony was broadcast live on Radio-Canada, following which CBC Television aired a live special conducting English language interviews with the winners.
Nominees and winners
The Genie Award winner in each category is shown in bold text.
Best Motion Picture
- Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould, Niv Fichman, producer
- La Florida, Pierre Sarrazin and Claude Bonin, producers
- Harmony Cats, Richard Davis and Alan Morinis, producers
- The Lotus Eaters, Sharon McGowan, producer
- Le Sexe des étoiles, Pierre Gendron and Jean-Roch Marcotte, producers
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
- Anne Bakker, Gael MacLean, Alison Grace, Maureen Wetteland and Ellen Gram, The Lotus Eaters
- Shane Shemko, Anke Bakker, Alison Grace and Cam Wagner, Harmony Cats
- Andy Malcolm, Jane Tattersall, Dale Sheldrake, Penny Hozy and Sean Kelly, I Love a Man in Uniform
- Marc Chiasson, Terry Burke, Jane Tattersall, Sean Kelly, Drew King, Tony Currie and Diane Boucher, La Florida
- Jacques Plante, Viateur Paiement, Myriam Poirier, Jérôme Décarie and Antoine Morin, Le sexe des étoiles