1500s BC (decade)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1500 BC)
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||17th century BC – 16th century BC – 15th century BC|
|Decades:||1530s BC 1520s BC 1510s BC – 1500s BC – 1490s BC 1480s BC 1470s BC|
|Years:||1509 BC 1508 BC 1507 BC 1506 BC 1505 BC 1504 BC 1503 BC 1502 BC 1501 BC 1500 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- The element Mercury has been discovered in Egyptian tombs dating from this decade.
- 1506 BC — Cecrops, legendary King of Athens, dies after a reign of 50 years. Having survived his own son, he is succeeded by Cranaus.
- c. 1506 BC — Thutmose I (Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt) starts to rule. Alternatively, a date of c. 1504 BC is a possibility.
- Egypt conquers Nubia and the Levant (1504 BC–1492 BC).
- Earliest remains of domesticated ferrets found.
- Biblical Exodus, according to Simcha Jacobovici in the earliest suggestion of the controversial documentary Exodus Decoded.
- c. 1500 BC — Polynesians settle in Fiji, (controversial Fiji settlement)
- c. 1500 BC — Mycenaean civilization starts in Ancient Greece.
- c. 1500 BC — Eleusinian Mysteries start in Ancient Greece.
- c. 1500 BC — Formative/Preclassic period starts in Mesoamerica.
- 1500 BC–500 BC—Vedas are composed.