1504 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1494 . 1495 . 1496 . 1497 . 1498 . 1499 . 1500 ...
1501 1502 1503 -1504- 1505 1506 1507
... 1508 . 1509 . 1510 . 1511 . 1512 . 1513 . 1514 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- January 25 – A committee of artists and citizens of Florence, including Leonardo da Vinci, Sandro Botticelli, Cosimo Rosselli and Piero di Cosimo, meets to decide on the placement of Michelangelo's marble statue of David.
- September 8 – Michelangelo's David is unveiled in Florence.
- The Signoria of Florence commissions both Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci to paint the walls of the Grand Council Chamber in the Palazzo della Signoria.
- Jacopo de' Barbari – Still life with Partridge and Gauntlets
- Fra Bartolomeo – The Vision of St. Bernard with Sts. Benedict and John the Evangelist (approximate date)
- Hieronymus Bosch – The Garden of Earthly Delights (triptych; approximate date)
- Lucas Cranach the Elder – The Rest on the Flight to Egypt
- Albrecht Dürer – Adoration of the Magi
- Leonardo da Vinci – The Battle of Anghiari
- Pietro Perugino – Marriage of the Virgin
- Pomponius Gauricus - De sculptura
- April 30 – Francesco Primaticcio, Bolognese painter, architect, and sculptor (died 1570)
- date unknown
- Camillo Boccaccino, Italian painter active mainly in Cremona and regions of Lombardy (died 1546)
- Juan Vicente Macip (or Vicente Joanes Masip or Macip), Spanish painter, head of the Valencian school of painters (died 1579)
- Shin Saimdang, Korean genre works painter and calligraphist (died 1551)
- Sesson Shukei, Japanese Zen monk and painter from the Muromachi period (died 1589)
- probable - Marco d'Agrate, Italian sculptor (died 1574)
- April – Filippino Lippi, Tuscan painter (born 1457)
- date unknown
- Pedro Berruguete, Spanish painter (born 1450)
- Gian Giacomo Dolcebuono, Italian architect and sculptor (born 1445)
- Matteo Lappoli, Italian painter (born 1450)
- Antonio Rinaldeschi, Italian gambler, executed for throwing dung at a painting of the Virgin Mary above the doorway of the church of Santa Maria delgi Alberghi in Florence (born unknown)
- Master I. A. M. of Zwolle, anonymous Dutch goldsmith and engraver (born 1440)