From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1507.
|Centuries:||15th century – 16th century – 17th century|
|Decades:||1470s 1480s 1490s – 1500s – 1510s 1520s 1530s|
|Years:||1504 1505 1506 – 1507 – 1508 1509 1510|
|1507 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Ab urbe condita||2260|
|English Regnal year||22 Hen. 7 – 23 Hen. 7|
|Chinese calendar||丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
4203 or 4143
— to —
丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
4204 or 4144
|- Vikram Samvat||1563–1564|
|- Shaka Samvat||1429–1430|
|- Kali Yuga||4608–4609|
|Japanese calendar||Eishō 4
|Minguo calendar||405 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||2049–2050|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1507.|
- April 25 – Martin Waldseemüller publishes his Cosmographiae Introductio ("Introduction to Universal Cosmography") and accompanying wall map, the first to show the Americas as a separate continent, naming them in honour of Amerigo Vespucci, his friend and idol.
- July 4 – Martin Luther is ordained a priest of the Catholic Church.
- August 20 – Guru Nanak Dev becomes the first guru and leader of the Sikh religion.
- The Timurid dynasty ends when Uzbeks under Muhammad Shaybani capture the capital, Herat, and the Emir Badi' al-Zaman Mirza flees.
- The Portuguese occupy Mozambique and the islands of Socotra and Lamu.
- Cardinal Cisneros is appointed major inquisitor of Castile.
- King Henry VII of England prosecutes lords for keeping private armies, which might threaten his régime.
- King James IV grants a patent for the first printing press in Scotland to Walter Chapman and Andrew Myllar.
- Raphael paints The Deposition, among other works.
- The Aztec New Fire ceremony is held for the last time (according to Bernardino de Sahagún).
- January 1 – Anna of Brandenburg, Duchess of Mecklenburg-Güstrow (d. 1567)
- January 14 – Catherine of Austria, Queen of Portugal (d. 1578)
- January 18 – Ferdinando Sanseverino, Prince of Salerno (d. 1572)
- January 25 – Johannes Oporinus, Swiss printer (d. 1568)
- February 11 – Philip II, Metropolitan of Moscow, Russian Orthodox monk (d. 1569)
- February 21 – James, Duke of Rothesay, Scottish prince (d. 1508)
- March 7 – Magdalena of Saxony (d. 1534)
- March 25 – Thomas White, English politician (d. 1566)
- March 29 – Henry II, Duke of Münsterberg-Oels and Count of Glatz (d. 1548)
- April 13 – Konrad Hubert, German theologian and hymnwriter (d. 1577)
- June 5 – Ferdinand of Portugal, Duke of Guarda and Trancoso, Portuguese nobleman (d. 1534)
- June 6 – Annibale Caro, Italian poet and Knight of Malta (d. 1566)
- June 25 – Marie of Baden-Sponheim, Margravine of Baden by birth and by marriage Duchess of Bavaria (d. 1580)
- July 25 – Chamaraja Wodeyar IV, King of Mysore (d. 1576)
- August 2 – William Waldegrave, English Member of Parliament (d. 1554)
- August 15 – George III, Prince of Anhalt-Dessau, German prince (d. 1553)
- September 16 – Jiajing Emperor of China (d. 1567)
- September 27 – Guillaume Rondelet, French physician (d. 1566)
- October 1
- October 4 – Francis Bigod, British noble (d. 1537)
- October 19 – Viglius, Dutch politician (d. 1577)
- October 26 – Alvise I Mocenigo, Doge (d. 1577)
- October 29 – Fernando Alvarez de Toledo, Spanish general (d. 1582)
- November 25 – Joos de Damhouder, Dutch jurist (d. 1581)
- December 18 – Ōuchi Yoshitaka, Japanese warlord (d. 1551)
- date unknown
- January 17 – Henry IV of Neuhaus (b. 1442)
- March 12 – Cesare Borgia, Italian general and statesman. Pushed over a wall in Vienna by an unknown assassin. (b. 1475)
- March 29 – Queen Sayle Blance Dragonvaine III, Corrupt Valonis Queen (Executed by sister, b. 1465
- March 21 – Jan Feliks "Szram" Tarnowski, Polish nobleman (b. 1471)
- April 2 – Francis of Paola, Italian founder of the Order of the Minims (b. 1416)
- July 29 – Martin Behaim, German navigator and geographer (b. 1459)
- August 15 – John V, Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg (b. 1439)
- August 23 – Jean Molinet, French writer (b. 1435)
- August 24 – Cecily of York, English princess (b. 1469)
- date unknown – Ingeborg Tott, wife of Swedish regent Sten Sture the elder