1515 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1505 . 1506 . 1507 . 1508 . 1509 . 1510 . 1511 ...
1512 1513 1514 -1515- 1516 1517 1518
... 1519 . 1520 . 1521 . 1522 . 1523 . 1524 . 1525 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- Giovanni Antonio da Brescia's engraving of the Belvedere Torso attracts the interest of connoisseurs and artists outside Rome.
- Giovanni Bellini – Naked Young Woman in Front of the Mirror
- Cima da Conegliano – Virgin and Child with Saints and Donors (Cleveland Museum of Art)
- Piero di Cosimo – The Myth of Prometheus (series)
- Gerard David – Virgin and Child with Four Angels (approximate completion date)
- Albrecht Dürer – The Rhinoceros (woodcut)
- Innocenzo di Pietro Francucci da Imola – The Virgin and Child with Saints Sebastian, Roch, Cosmas and Damian
- Jan Gossaert – The Adoration of the Kings
- Matthias Grünewald – Isenheim Altarpiece (Unterlinden Museum, Colmar, Alsace)
- Leonardo da Vinci – Bacchus
- Jacopo Pontormo – Pharaoh with his Butler and Baker
- Titian (some dates approximate)
- October 4 - Lucas Cranach the Younger, German painter and wood-engraver (died 1586)
- November 5 – Mariotto Albertinelli, Italian Renaissance painter (born 1474)
- date unknown - Pietro Lombardo, Italian Renaissance sculptor and architect (born 1435)
|This art history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|