1522 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2010)|
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1512 . 1513 . 1514 . 1515 . 1516 . 1517 . 1518 ...
1519 1520 1521 -1522- 1523 1524 1525
... 1526 . 1527 . 1528 . 1529 . 1530 . 1531 . 1532 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2010)|
- Antonio da Correggio completes the frescoes of the Vision of St. John on Patmos in the church of San Giovanni Evangelista (Parma).
- Benedikt Dreyer completes a Gothic altar called the "Antonius altar" for the Burg church in Lübeck.
- Titian completes the Averoldi Polyptych for the Santi Nazaro e Celso (Brescia).
- Bernard van Orley completes a triptych for the Brotherhood of the Holy Cross in a chapel of the Saint Walburga church in Veurne.
- Hans Holbein – The Body of the Dead Christ in the Tomb
- Ludovico Mazzolino
- Christ and the Woman Taken in Adultery
- Madonna and Child with St. Joseph
- Ortolano Ferrarese – Mourning the Dead Christ (Galleria Borghese, Rome)
- Lucas van Leyden – Virgin and Child with the Magdalene and a Donor
- Antonio Campi, Italian painter (died 1587)
- Bernardino Campi, Italian Renaissance painter (died 1591)
- Dirck Volckertszoon Coornhert, Dutch writer, engraver, philosopher, translator, politician and theologian (died 1590)
- Federico Brandani, Italian sculptor and stuccoist who worked in an urbane Mannerist style as a court artist (died 1575)
- Jean Cousin the Younger, French painter, sculptor (died 1595)
- Pietro Marescalchi, Italian Renaissance painter (died 1589)
- Ludger Tom Ring the Younger, German painter and draughtsman (died 1584)
- Giovanni Antonio Amadeo, Italian early Renaissance sculptor, architect and engineer (born 1447)
- Paolo Moranda Cavazzola, Italian painter active mainly in his hometown of Verona (born 1486)
- Piero di Cosimo, Florentine painter (born 1462)
- Fiorenzo di Lorenzo, Italian painter of the Umbrian school (born 1440)
- (died 1522-1532): Colijn de Coter, early Netherlandish painter who produced mainly altarpieces (born 1440/1445)