1526 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2012)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
- 21 April - The Battle of Panipat is fought. Babur becomes Mughal emperor, invades northern India and captures Delhi, beginning the Mughal Empire, which lasts until 1857.
- Date unknown - The Siege of Sambhal occurs.
- Date unclear - The Fall of Calicut
- Henrique de Meneses ends his governance of Portuguese India
- Lopo Vaz de Sampaio begins his governance of Portuguese India (which ends in 1529)
- Bahadur Shah of Gujarat first reign as sultan of Gujarat Sultanate begins (ends 1535)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2010)|
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|