1528 in science
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in science (table)|
|... 1518 . 1519 . 1520 . 1521 . 1522 . 1523 . 1524 ...
1525 1526 1527 -1528- 1529 1530 1531
... 1532 . 1533 . 1534 . 1535 . 1536 . 1537 . 1538 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- February – Diego García de Moguer explores the Sierra de la Plata along the Río de la Plata and begins to travel up the Paraná River.
- November 6 – Spanish conquistador Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca and his companions become the first Europeans known to set foot on the territory of Texas.
- Jean Fernel publishes Cosmotheoria, including a means of determining a degree of arc of the meridian.
- May – The fourth major outbreak of the sweating sickness occurs in England, also spreading to northern Europe.
- October 10 – Adam Lonicer, German botanist, naturalist and physician (died 1586)
- Adam von Bodenstein, Swiss alchemist and physician (died 1577)
- April 6 – Albrecht Dürer, German artist and polymath (born 1471)
- Martín Fernández de Enciso, Spanish explorer (born c. 1470)
- Al-Birjandi, Persian astronomer and mathematician
- Giovanni da Verrazzano, Italian-born explorer (born 1485) (killed and eaten by Carib people)
- Los viajes de Diego García de Moguer.
- Palmer, Alan; Palmer, Veronica (1992). The Chronology of British History. London: Century Ltd. pp. 142–145. ISBN 0-7126-5616-2.
- Müller, Peter O. (1993). Substantiv-Derivation in den Schriften Albrecht Dürers. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter. ISBN 3-11-012815-2.
- Wroth, Lawrence C. (1970). The Voyages of Giovanni da Verrazzano, 1524-1528. New Haven: Yale University Press. p. 237. ISBN 0-300-01207-1.