1530s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1520 . 1521 . 1522 . 1523 . 1524 . 1525 . 1526 ...
1527 1528 1529 -1530- 1531 1532 1533
... 1534 . 1535 . 1536 . 1537 . 1538 . 1539 . 1540 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
|1520s . 1530s in architecture . 1540s|
- 1531 - Kõpu Lighthouse on Hiiumaa begins operation.
- 1532–1536 - Rood screen in King's College Chapel, Cambridge in England is erected.
- 1532 - Church of the Ascension (the "White Columnn") at Kolomenskoye, near Moscow, is built.
- 1533 - Work begins on La Fortaleza in Puerto Rico.
- 1534 - After 259 years of work, Regensburg Cathedral in Germany is completed.
- 1535 - After 258 years of work (1277-1535), St Alphege Church in Solihull, England, is completed.
- 1537 - Work begins on the Biblioteca Marciana in Venice, designed by Jacopo Sansovino.
- 1538 - Work begins on the Piazza del Campidoglio (Capitoline Hill), designed by Michelangelo. Pope Paul III moves the Equestrian Statue of Marcus Aurelius to the Capitoline Hill.
- 1537 - Sebastiano Serlio publishes the first volume of his architectural treatise, Tutte l'opere d'archittura et prospetiva, in Venice, putting the classical orders into canonical form.
- 1530 - Juan de Herrera, Spanish architect (died 1593)
- c. 1531 - Bernardo Buontalenti, Florentine architect, stage designer, military engineer and artist (died 1608)
- 1533 - Giovanni Antonio Dosio, Italian architect and sculptor (died 1609)
- c. 1536 - Ottaviano Nonni, Bolognese architect, sculptor and painter working in Rome (died 1606)
- 1538 - Pablo de Céspedes, Spanish painter, poet and architect (died 1608)
- 1530: Approximate date - Bramantino, Milanese painter and architect (born c.1456)
- 1532 - Andrea Riccio, Italian sculptor and architect (born c.1470)
- 1534: December 27 - Antonio da Sangallo the Elder, Florentine architect (born 1453)
- 1537: January 6 - Baldassare Peruzzi, Sienese architect and painter working in Rome (born 1481)
- 1539 - Marco Palmezzano, Italian painter and architect from Forli (born 1460)
- Pevsner, Nikolaus (1963). An Outline of European Architecture. pp. 292ff.