From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1532.
|Centuries:||15th century – 16th century – 17th century|
|Decades:||1500s 1510s 1520s – 1530s – 1540s 1550s 1560s|
|Years:||1529 1530 1531 – 1532 – 1533 1534 1535|
|1532 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Ab urbe condita||2285|
|Bahá'í calendar||−312 – −311|
|English Regnal year||23 Hen. 8 – 24 Hen. 8|
|Chinese calendar||辛卯年 (Metal Rabbit)
4228 or 4168
— to —
壬辰年 (Water Dragon)
4229 or 4169
|- Vikram Samvat||1588–1589|
|- Shaka Samvat||1454–1455|
|- Kali Yuga||4633–4634|
|Japanese calendar||Kyōroku 5 / Tenbun 1
|Minguo calendar||380 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||2075|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1532.|
- March 18 – English parliament bans payment by English church to Rome
- April – Battle of Quipaipan in Peru: Atahualpa wins the civil war in the Inca Empire, defeating his brother Huáscar.
- May 13 – Francisco Pizarro lands on the northern coast of Peru.
- May 16 – Sir Thomas More resigns as Lord Chancellor of England.
- June 25 – Suleiman the Magnificent leads another invasion of Hungary.
- August 13 – Union of Brittany and France: The Duchy of Brittany is absorbed into the Kingdom of France.
- September 1 – Lady Anne Boleyn is created Marquess of Pembroke by her fiancé, King Henry VIII of England.
- November 16 – Francisco Pizarro and his men capture Inca Atahualpa at Cajamarca, ambushing and slaughtering a large number of his followers without loss to themselves. He subsequently offers a ransom of approx. $100 million in gold.
- The Prince is published five years after death of the author Niccolò Machiavelli.
- Pantagruel is published by François Rabelais.
- Henry VIII of England grants the Thorne brothers a Royal Charter to found Bristol Grammar School.
- Stamford School founded by William Radcliffe.
- The Paris Parlement has the city's beggars arrested 'to force them to work in the sewers, chained together in pairs'.
- January 21 – Ludwig Helmbold, German classical singer (d. 1598)
- February 14 – Richard Lowther, English soldier and official (d. 1607)
- February 19 – Jean-Antoine de Baïf, French poet and member of the Pléiade (d. 1589)
- March 20 – Juan de Ribera, Roman Catholic archbishop (d. 1611)
- March 25 – Pietro Pontio, Italian music theorist and composer (d. 1596)
- April 13 – Frederick of Denmark, Prince-bishop (d. 1556)
- April 21 – Martin Schalling the Younger, German theologian (d. 1608)
- April 23 – Anna Marie of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Duchess of Prussia (d. 1568)
- April 24 – Thomas Lucy, English politician (d. 1600)
- June 6 – Giulio Antonio Santorio, Catholic cardinal (d. 1602)
- June 7 – Amy Robsart, wife of Robert Dudley, 1st Earl of Leicester (d. 1560)
- June 13 – Countess Palatine Helena of Simmern, Countess consort of Hanau-Münzenberg (1551-1561) (d. 1579)
- June 16 – Francis Coster, Jesuit theologian, author (d. 1619)
- June 24
- July 1 – Marino Grimani, Doge of Venice (d. 1605)
- July 12 – Mechthild of Bavaria, German duchess (d. 1565)
- July 25 – Alphonsus Rodriguez, Jesuit lay brother and saint (d. 1617)
- August 14 – Archduchess Magdalena of Austria, Member of the House of Habsburg (d. 1590)
- September 5 – Jacopo Zabarella, Italian philosopher (d. 1589)
- October 4 – Francisco de Toledo, Catholic cardinal (d. 1596)
- October 30 – Yuri of Uglich, Prince of Uglich (d. 1563)
- November 16 – Clara of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel, Abbess of Gandersheim, later Duchess of Brunswick-Grubenhagen (d. 1595)
- November 22 – Anne of Denmark, Electress of Saxony (d. 1585)
- November 28 – Bartholomäus Ringwaldt, German poet and theologian (d. 1599)
- December 7 – Louis I, Count of Sayn-Wittgenstein (d. 1605)
- December 20
- John Günther I, Count of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen (d. 1586)
- Orazio Samacchini, Italian painter (d. 1577)
- December 26 – Guilielmus Xylander, German classical scholar (d. 1576)
- date unknown
- Robert Abercromby, Scottish Jesuit missionary (d. 1613)
- William Allen, English cardinal (d. 1594)
- Hernando Franco, Spanish composer (d. 1585)
- Luís Fróis, Portuguese missionary (d. 1597)
- Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa, Spanish explorer (d. 1592)
- John Hawkins, English navigator (d. 1595)
- Étienne Jodelle, French dramatist and poet (d. 1573)
- Henry Percy, 8th Earl of Northumberland (d. 1585)
- Thomas Norton, English lawyer (d. 1584)
- Amias Paulet, Governor of Jersey (d. 1588)
- Tulsidas, medieval Hindi poet and philosopher (d. 1623)
- Flavio Orsini, Italian cardinal (d. 1581)
- January 31 – Edward Sutton, 2nd Baron Dudley (b. 1460)
- May – Elizabeth Stafford, Countess of Sussex
- June – Bernardino Luini, Italian painter (b. 1482)
- August 16 – John, Elector of Saxony (b. 1468)
- August 22 – William Warham, Archbishop of Canterbury (b. 1450)
- September – Vlad VI Înecatul, Prince of Wallachia
- October 1 – Jan Mabuse, Flemish painter
- December 11 – Pietro Accolti, Italian Catholic cardinal (b. 1455)
- December 30 – Krzysztof Szydłowiecki, Polish noble (b. 1467)
- date unknown