1533 in poetry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in poetry (table)|
|... 1523 . 1524 . 1525 . 1526 . 1527 . 1528 . 1529 ...
1530 1531 1532 -1533- 1534 1535 1536
... 1537 . 1538 . 1539 . 1540 . 1541 . 1542 . 1543 ...
In literature: 1530 1531 1532 -1533- 1534 1535 1536
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- French poet Maurice Sceve announces that he has found the tomb of "Laura", the woman who is the subject in so many poems by Petrarch, at the church of Santa Croce in Avignon. His announcement further strengthens French interest in the Italian poet.
- Luigi Alamanni, Opere Toscane ("Tuscan Works"), Latin elegies, published either this year or in 1532; Italian writer published in Lyon, France also said to consist of satirical pieces written in blank verse
- Alonso de Ercilla born (died c. 1596), Spanish
- Teofilo Folengo, L'Umanità del Figliuolo di Die, a life of Christ in rhymed octaves, Italy
- Clément Marot, Suite de l'Adolescence clementine; France
- François Villon, a modernized edition of his poetry is published by Clément Marot
Death years link to the corresponding "[year] in poetry" article:
- Eknath (died 1599), Marathi language religious poet in the Hindu tradition of India
- Elazar ben Moshe Azikri (died 1600), Jewish kabbalist, poet and writer
- Alonso de Ercilla (died 1594), Spanish
- Sun Kehong (died 1611), Chinese landscape painter, calligrapher, and poet
- Andrea Rapicio (died 1573), Italian, Latin-language poet
Birth years link to the corresponding "[year] in poetry" article:
- July 6 – Lodovico Ariosto (born 1474), Italian poet who also wrote verses in Latin
- Juan del Encina died late 1532 or early this year (born 1468), Spanish poet, musician and playwright
- 16th century in poetry
- 16th century in literature
- French Renaissance literature
- Renaissance literature
- Spanish Renaissance literature
- Kennedy, William J., "Petrarchan poetics", in Kennedy, George Alexander, et al., The Cambridge History of Literary Criticism, Volume 3, p 124, Cambridge University Press, 1999,ISBN 0-521-30008-8, ISBN 978-0-521-30008-7, retrieved via Google Books May 27, 2009
- "La vie de Louise Labé", a chronology, retrieved May 17, 2009. Archived 2009-05-20.
- France, Peter, editor, The New Oxford Companion to Literature in French, 1993, Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-866125-8
- Weinberg, Bernard, ed., French Poetry of the Renaissance, Carbondale, Illinois: Southern Illinois University Press, Arcturus Books edition, October 1964, fifth printing, August 1974 (first printed in France in 1954), ISBN 0-8093-0135-0, "Clément Marot" p 1
- Web page titled "Tra Medioevo en rinascimento" at Poeti di Italia in Lingua Latina website (in Italian), retrieved May 14, 2009