1534 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1534
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1534 in Ireland.
- February - Gerald FitzGerald, 9th Earl of Kildare, is summoned to London, and appoints Thomas FitzGerald, 10th Earl of Kildare deputy governor of Ireland in his absence.
- June - Revolt of Thomas FitzGerald, 10th Earl of Kildare (Silken Thomas). He had heard rumours that his father had been executed in the Tower of London and as a result publicly renounced his allegiance to King Henry VIII.
- 28 July - Archbishop John Alen, Chancellor of Ireland (who has attempted to mediate in the revolt), is murdered at Clontarf by retainers of Thomas FitzGerald.
- 2 September - Gerald FitzGerald, 9th Earl of Kildare, Thomas' father, dies in the Tower of London.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- 2 September - Gerald FitzGerald, 9th Earl of Kildare (born 1487).
- Thomas FitzGerald, 11th Earl of Desmond