1547 in literature
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in literature (table)|
|... 1537 . 1538 . 1539 . 1540 . 1541 . 1542 . 1543 ...
1544 1545 1546 -1547- 1548 1549 1550
... 1551 . 1552 . 1553 . 1554 . 1555 . 1556 . 1557 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- July 20 - On the death of the Alsatian scholar Beatus Rhenanus, his personal collection of around 670 books is bequeathed to the Humanist Library of Sélestat where it remains intact into the 21st century.
- Japanese Buddhist poet and diplomat Sakugen Shūryō is a leader of the mission sent by the Ashikaga shogunate to the court of the Jiajing Emperor in Beijing.
- Certain Sermons or Homilies Appointed to Be Read in Churches, book 1
- Andrés de Olmos - Arte para aprender la lengua mexicana
- Martynas Mažvydas - The Simple Words of Catechism (first printed book in Lithuanian)
- Catherine Parr - The Lamentation of a Sinner
- William Salesbury - A Dictionary in Englyshe and Welshe
- "Lucas Shepeherd" - John Bon and Mast Parson
- Gian Giorgio Trissino - Italia liberata dai Goti
- Lodovico Dolce - Didone
- See 1547 in poetry
- September - Mateo Alemán, Spanish novelist, poet and biographer (died c.1615)
- September 22 - Philipp Nicodemus Frischlin, German philologist, poet, playwright and polymath (died 1590)
- September 29 - Miguel de Cervantes, Spanish novelist, poet, and playwright (died 1616)
- date unknown
- probable - Maciej Stryjkowski, Polish historian and poet (died c.1593)
- January - Pietro Bembo, Italian scholar and poet, 76
- January 19 - Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey, a founder of English Renaissance poetry, 29/30
- February 25 - Vittoria Colonna, Italian noblewoman and poet, 56
- March 16 - François Vatable, French humanist scholar
- date unknown