1550 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Years in India:||1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553|
|Centuries:||15th century · 16th century · 17th century|
|Decades:||1520s 1530s 1540s 1550s 1560s 1570s 1580s|
|Years:||1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553|
Events from the year 1550 in India.
- Achyuta Pisharati, Sanskrit grammarian, astrologer, astronomer and mathematician (died 1621)
- Vijnanabhiksu, philosopher (died 1600)
- Chand Bibi, warrior and acting Regent of Bijapur (1580–90) and regent of Ahmednagar (1596–99) (died 1599)
- Rodolfo Acquaviva, Italian Jesuit missionary at the court of Akbar is born (dies 1583)
- Ralph Fitch, merchant, early European traveller to India and the court of Akbar and consultant to the East India Company is born (dies 1611
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2012)|
- Danvers. The Portuguese in India: Being a history of the rise and decline ..., Volume 1. p. 488. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Women in Power 1570-1600". Archived from the original on 2006-12-19. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- "Ralph Fitch (british explorer)". Retrieved July 20, 2013.
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|