1555 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
Events from the year 1555 in India.
|Years in India:||1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558|
|Centuries:||15th century · 16th century · 17th century|
|Decades:||1520s 1530s 1540s 1550s 1560s 1570s 1580s|
|Years:||1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558|
- June Francisco Barreto takes up the position of viceroy in Goa, Portuguese India
- Muhammad Adil Shah reign as fourth ruler of the Sur dynasty ends (since 1554)
- 16 June - Pedro Mascarenhas, viceroy of Portugues India dies (born 1470)
- 5 November - Hemu (Samrat Hem Chandra Vikramaditya), Hindu emperor of north India.
- Branco, Alberto M. Vara. "Ensaio de Portugalidem Terras Africanas durante a Governação d´El-Rei D.Sebastião: D.Francisco Barreto em Moçambique e na Região do Monomotapa". Millennium (in Portuguese). Polytechnic Institute of Viseu. Archived from the original on 2013-07-11. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|