1555 in music
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in music (table)|
|... 1545 . 1546 . 1547 . 1548 . 1549 . 1550 . 1551 ...
1552 1553 1554 -1555- 1556 1557 1558
... 1559 . 1560 . 1561 . 1562 . 1563 . 1564 . 1565 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- January 17 - Italian viol player and composer Peter Lupo joins the musicians' guild in London.
- Composer Thomas Whythorne returns to England from travels in Italy and the rest of Europe. The book he wrote about his travels is now lost.
- Hermann Finck - Collection of wedding songs
- Jhan Gero – Two books of motets
- Orlando de Lassus – First book of madrigals a5
- Nicola Vicentino – L'antica musica ridotta alla moderna prattica (Ancient Music Adapted to Modern Practice), a treatise aimed at revising the chromatic and enharmonic genera of the ancient Greeks.
- February 25 – Alonso Lobo, Spanish composer (died 1617)
- June 11 – Lodovico Zacconi, composer and music theorist (died 1627)
- probable - Paolo Quagliati, composer of the Roman school (died 1628)
- Chaney, E. (1998) The Evolution of the Grand Tour: Anglo-Italian Cultural Relations Since the Renaissance, Frank Cass Publishers, London. ISBN 0-7146-4577-X.