1556 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2012)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1556 in India.
- February 14 — at the age of 13 Akbar becomes the emperor of Mughal India
- October 6 — Hem Chandra Vikramaditya, the Hindu king defeats Akbar at Delhi.
- October 7 — Samrat Hem Chandra Vikramaditya, the Hindu king and winner of 22 battles across North India from Punjab to Bengal fought against Afghan rebels and forces of Humayun and Akbar, is crowned at Purana Qila, Delhi, as Emperor of North India.
- November 5 — the Battle of Panipat is fought.
- December 17 — Abdul Rahim Khan-I-Khana poet (died 1627)
- Ibrahim Adil Shah II, later king of Bijapur Sultanate (died 1627)
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|