1561 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1551 . 1552 . 1553 . 1554 . 1555 . 1556 . 1557 ...
1558 1559 1560 -1561- 1562 1563 1564
... 1565 . 1566 . 1567 . 1568 . 1569 . 1570 . 1571 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- Sculptors Bernhard and Arnold Abel are recorded as working at the Imperial Court in Vienna.
- Juan Bautista Vázquez the Elder moves to Seville to complete an altarpiece, and remains there to work.
- Alessandro Allori – Portrait of a Young Man (Ashmolean Museum, Oxford)
- Jacopo Bassano – The Journey of Jacob
- Titian – Mary Magdalene
- Paolo Veronese – Muse with a Lyre
- date unknown
- Cornelis Danckerts de Ry, Dutch architect and sculptor (died 1634)
- Johann Theodor de Bry, Flemish painter and engraver (died 1623)
- Zacharias Dolendo, Dutch engraver (died 1601)
- Antonio Mohedano, Spanish painter of the Renaissance period (died 1625)
- Tobias Verhaecht, landscape painter and draughtsman in Italy and Antwerp (died 1631)
- February - Roque Balduque, French sculptor (date of birth unknown)
- March 4 - Lancelot Blondeel, Bruges-based Flemish painter (born 1498)
- November 8 - Ippolito Costa, Italian painter (born 1506)
- date unknown
- Alonso Berruguete, Spanish painter, sculptor and architect (born 1488)
- Simon Bening, miniature painter of the Ghent-Bruges school (born 1483)
- Hans Bocksberger der Ältere, Austrian painter (born 1510)
- Paul Dax, Austrian artist (born 1503)
- Battista Franco Veneziano, Italian Mannerist painter and printmaker in etching (born c.1510)