1565 in music
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in music (table)|
|... 1555 . 1556 . 1557 . 1558 . 1559 . 1560 . 1561 ...
1562 1563 1564 -1565- 1566 1567 1568
... 1569 . 1570 . 1571 . 1572 . 1573 . 1574 . 1575 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- Costanzo Porta is employed in Padua.
- Gioseffo Zarlino replaces Cipriano de Rore as maestro di cappella at St Mark's, Venice.
- Pietro Taglia is recorded as maestro di cappella at Santa Maria presso San Celso, Milan.
- Girolamo Cavazzoni supervises the building of the organ at the court church of St Barbara in Mantua.
- Cipriano de Rore – Le vive fiamme
- Pietro Taglia - first book of madrigals
- August 5 - Paola Massarenghi, Italian composer
- date unknown
- Gregor Aichinger, German composer (died 1628)
- Michael Cavendish, English court composer (died 1628)
- Carlo Gesualdo (c.1565/1566), Prince of Venosa, madrigalist, composer of church music (d. 1613)
- Sir William Leighton, composer and publisher (died 1622)
- Duarte Lobo, Portuguese composer (died 1646)
- Francis Pilkington, composer, lutenist and singer (died 1638)