1573 in poetry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in poetry (table)|
|... 1563 . 1564 . 1565 . 1566 . 1567 . 1568 . 1569 ...
1570 1571 1572 -1573- 1574 1575 1576
... 1577 . 1578 . 1579 . 1580 . 1581 . 1582 . 1583 ...
In literature: 1570 1571 1572 -1573- 1574 1575 1576
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Cristóbal de Castillejo, Works of Castillejo Expurgated by the Inquisition, published posthumously in Madrid, Spain
- Philippe Desportes, Les premières œuvres de Philippe Desportes, which had circulated widely in manuscript form and were largely love poems (in imitation of minor Italian poets), including "Les Amours de Diane", "les Amours d’Hippolyte", "Élégies", France
- Johann Fischart (writing under the pen name "Hultrich Elloposcleron") and another author, The Flea Hunt, a burlesque; a flea complains to Jupiter about the hard treatment it receives from women; Fischart wrote the second part, in which women reply and are defended; Germany
- George Gascoigne, A Hundred Sundry Flowers, Great Britain
- Torquato Tasso, Aminta, pastoral verse drama, Italy
- Pontus de Tyard, Nouvell'Œuvres poétiques, France
- Richard Johnson (died 1659), English romance writer, playwright, and poet
- Daniel Naborowski (died 1640), Polish
- Martin Peerson born sometime from 1571 to this year (died December 1650 or January 1651), English composer, organist and virginalist who wrote hymns, madrigals and other sacred and secular music
- Samuel Rowlands, born about this year (died 1630), English author of pamphlets in prose and verse
- July – Étienne Jodelle (born 1532), French poet and playwright
- November – Giovanni Battista Giraldi, who gave himself the nickname "Cinthio", also rendered "Cynthius", "Cintio" or, in Italian, "Cinzio" (born 1504), Italian novelist, writer, poet and playwright
- 16th century in poetry
- 16th century in literature
- Dutch Renaissance and Golden Age literature
- Elizabethan literature
- French Renaissance literature
- Renaissance literature
- Spanish Renaissance literature
- "Cristóbal de Castillejo" article, Catholic Encyclopedia online, retrieved April 18, 2009. Archived 2009-05-02.
- Weinberg, Bernard, ed., French Poetry of the Renaissance, Carbondale, Illinois: Southern Illinois University Press, Arcturus Books edition, October 1964, fifth printing, August 1974 (first printed in France in 1954), ISBN 0-8093-0135-0, "Phillipe Desportes" p 157
- Thomas, Calvin, A History of German Literature, New York: D. Appleton & Company, 1909, retrieved December 14, 2009
- Preminger, Alex and T. V. F. Brogan, et al., The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics, 1993. New York: MJF Books/Fine Communications
- Web page titled "Tra Medioevo en rinascimento" at Poeti di Italia in Lingua Latina website (in Italian), retrieved May 14, 2009. Archived 2009-05-27.