1578 in literature
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2013)|
|List of years in literature (table)|
|... 1568 . 1569 . 1570 . 1571 . 1572 . 1573 . 1574 ...
1575 1576 1577 -1578- 1579 1580 1581
... 1582 . 1583 . 1584 . 1585 . 1586 . 1587 . 1588 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
This is a list of literature-related events in 1578.
- December - Publication of John Lyly's didactic prose romance Euphues: the Anatomy of Wyt, originating the ornate English prose style known as Euphuism.
- Alonso de Ercilla y Zúñiga is sent on a mission to Zaragoza by King Philip II of Spain.
- Diogo de Paiva de Andrada - Defensio Tridentinae Fidei (posthumously published)
- George Best - A True Discourse of the Late Voyages of Discoverie…under the Conduct of Martin Frobisher
- John Florio - First Fruits
- Jaroš Griemiller - Rosarium philosophorum
- Gabriel Harvey - Smithus, vel Musarum lachrymae
- John Lyly - Euphues: the Anatomy of Wit
- Margaret Tyler, The Mirrour of Princely Deedes and Knighthood
- Thomas Lupton - All for Money published
- George Whetstone - Promos and Cassandra
- See 1578 in poetry
- April 2 - Francesco Amico, Italian theologian
- June - Mary Fitton, a candidate for Shakespeare's "Dark Lady" (died 1647)
- date unknown
- May 4 - Martin Eisengrein, German theologian and polemical writer (born 1535)
- August 11 - Pedro Nunes, Portuguese polymath (born 1502)
- October 12 - Cornelius Gemma, Dutch physician, astronomer and astrologer (born 1535)
- date unknown - Gabriele Giolito de' Ferrari, Italian printer (born c.1508)
- probable - Johann Stumpf, Swiss writer on history and topography (born 1500)