1579 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1569 . 1570 . 1571 . 1572 . 1573 . 1574 . 1575 ...
1576 1577 1578 -1579- 1580 1581 1582
... 1583 . 1584 . 1585 . 1586 . 1587 . 1588 . 1589 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- The painter Giovanni Battista Paggi is said to have mortally wounded a patron, and is forced to flee his home city of Genoa.
- The Da Zhao Temple is built in inner Mongolia. Its art treasures include a 10 ft silver Sakyamuni buddha statue.
- Federico Barocci paints the Madonna del Popolo (Uffizi).
- Giambologna begins the Rape of the Sabine Women, a remarkable example of Mannerist sculpture.
- George Gower paints a self-portrait.
- November 7 - Juan de Peñalosa, Spanish painter of altarpieces, a priest and poet (died 1633)
- November 11 - Frans Snyders, Flemish still-life master, apprenticed in 1593 to Pieter II Brueghel (died 1657)
- date unknown
- probable - Ottavio Viviani, Italian painter of quadratura (died 1641)
- February 5 - Giovanni Battista Moroni, Italian portrait painter (born 1520/1524)
- March 28 - Juan Fernández Navarrete, Spanish Mannerist painter (born 1526)
- October 15 - Marcello Venusti, Italian Mannerist painter primarily in Rome (born 1512/1515)
- October 24 - Albert V, Duke of Bavaria, art patron and collector (born 1528)
- November 21 - Cipriano Piccolpasso, Italian painter of majolica (born 1524)
- December 21 – Juan Vicente Macip (or Vicente Joanes Masip), Spanish painter of the Renaissance period (born 1500)
- date unknown