1580s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1570 . 1571 . 1572 . 1573 . 1574 . 1575 . 1576 ...
1577 1578 1579 -1580- 1581 1582 1583
... 1584 . 1585 . 1586 . 1587 . 1588 . 1589 . 1590 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
|1570s . 1580s in architecture . 1590s|
|other events: 1580s . Architecture timeline|
- 1580 - Old City of Zamość, designed by Bernardo Morando, is established in Poland.
- 1581 - Uffizi in Florence, designed by Giorgio Vasari and continued by Alfonso Parigi the Elder and Bernardo Buontalenti, is completed.
- 1583 - Allahabad Fort, built by Emperor Akbar, is completed.
- 1583 - Quirinal Palace, designed by Carlo Maderno and Domenico Fontana begun.
- 1584 - El Escorial (begun 1563), designed by Juan de Herrera, is completed.
- 1585 - Teatro Olimpico, Vicenza, designed by Palladio, and completed by Vincenzo Scamozzi, is opened.
- 1587-8 - Fort Al Jalali at Muscat, Oman, is built by Portuguese naval captain Belchior Calaça.
- 1588 - Court theatre at Sabbioneta, designed by Vincenzo Scamozzi, is begun (completed 1590.)
- 1588 - Roselius-Haus in Bremen is completed.
- 1584 - Gian Paolo Lomazzo produces his treatise Trattato dell'arte della pittura, scoltura et architettura.
- 1587: Fabio Mangone, Italian architect (died 1629)
- 1587: Hans van Steenwinckel the Younger, Flemish/Danish architect (died 1639)