1583 in Scotland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1583 in Scotland|
|1581 | 1582 | 1583 | 1584 | 1585|
Events from 1583 in Scotland
Monarch - James VI
- June - James VI regains his freedom following the Raid of Ruthven.
- James VI signs a charter (dated 1582) creating the Tounis College, the modern-day University of Edinburgh.
- Elizabeth Woodford
- Approximate date
- 26 May - Esmé Stewart, 1st Duke of Lennox (born 1542)
- 13 December - Thomas Smeton, minister and academic (born 1536)
- December - James Balfour, Lord Pittendreich, lawyer (born c.1525)
- Alexander Arbuthnot, minister, academic and poet (born 1538)
- John Cockburn of Ormiston, Protestant laird
|This Scottish history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|