1589 in Scotland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1589 in Scotland|
|1587 | 1588 | 1589 | 1590 | 1591|
Events from 1589 in Scotland
Monarch - James VI
- 20 August - Anne of Denmark marries James VI by proxy at Kronborg
- 23 November - James VI and Anne of Denmark marry formally at the Old Bishop's Palace in Oslo
- Golf is played on Glasgow Green
- 9 December - John Fleming, 2nd Earl of Wigtown (died 1650)
- William Douglas, 1st Marquess of Douglas (died 1660)
- James King, 1st Lord Eythin, soldier (died 1652 in Sweden)
- Probable - George Jamesone, portrait painter (died 1644)
- 7 September - Jane Kennedy, companion of Mary, Queen of Scots (drowned while making ferry crossing across the Forth to greet the new queen, Anne of Denmark)
- 28 December - George Douglas, Bishop of Moray
- Bates, Earl (1998-06-16). "Info on John Fleming, b.1589, Scotland". Genealogy.com. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- "John Fleming, 2nd Earl of Wigton (1589-1650)". Geni. 2013-11-24. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- Calendar State Papers Scotland, vol. 10 (1936), p. 165-6, letters of William Ashby to Walsingham and William Cecil.