1593 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1593
List of years in Ireland
- 14 June - English explorer John Davis in the Desire makes landfall at Berehaven at the conclusion of the second Cavendish expedition.
- 23 June - In a skirmish at Skeanavart in County Roscommon as part of Hugh Maguire (Lord of Fermanagh)'s raid into Connacht, Edmund MacGauran (Roman Catholic Archbishop of Armagh) is among those killed.
- Hugh Roe O'Donnell drives the English sheriff out of Tyrconnell and leads two expeditions against Turlough Luineach O'Neill.
- Pirate queen Grace O'Malley meets with Queen Elizabeth I of England at Greenwich.
- In Lisbon, John Houling, SJ, and Fr. Peter Fonseca establish the College of St. Patrick for the education of young Irish Roman Catholics.
- 4 March - Sir William Herbert, Welsh planter in Ireland.
- 23 June - Edmund MacGauran, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Armagh (b. c.1547) (murdered).
- Edward Fitz-Symon, Attorney General for Ireland (b. c.1530).
- Murrough na dTuadh Ó Flaithbheartaigh, Chief of Iar Connacht.